The night had not been any different nor would have the day been but for the added flavor of intensity of my emotions squirmed by the sweet sound of the splatter and no, it wasn't the splatter of the sprinklers that go off each morning outside my apartment making me have my pillows around my ears. My half closed eyes popped up and I stretched out to move away the blinds from my window and watched with amaze as I saw beastly dark clouds hovering above and splashing pearly drops down which were exploding into an earthly aroma that could rage romance into any soul. Without an effort I could compare it to the aroma I would feel when she would splash her wet hair down on my face. Could there be a better start to the day I was off from work?
My lips pursed into a kiss to the air that I hoped must have kissed her before coming to me and I imagined the utmost ecstasy that would clutch the core of us when inspite of burning cheeks, shut eyes and hesitant souls; our lips would meet. The Romance, supposedly an offspring of fiction and love was high in flames inside me as my hands rubbed the other side of my bed wishing they could caress flesh as smooth as a marble and as soft as rose petals. Dragging myself out of the bed was like leaving a movie that had come to its hottest love scene, but I climbed the mountain and got into shower. Of course, her scent wasn't yet ready to leave me as with each drop of water running down me, her caresses were being carried deep into my skin. From the corner of my eye I could see her sitting beside me at the kitchen counter as I was making my breakfast and chills ran down my spine as she dropped an ice cube in my shirt. I walked towards her with hands hid behind my back dipped in flour and as she closed her eyes thinking I was gonna snag her tonsils, I rubbed all the flour onto her face. She hit me on the shoulder as we played and laughed until the time I realized I was laughing alone. She did the same what she had been doing ever since I woke up, Vanished into thin air! But her fleeting images were all set to haunt me all through the day. Even when I sat down to read she came behind me closing my eyes with her hands as her fragrance flared up my nares making me grab her and spin around in front of me. All cells of my gray matter were hyperexcitable shooting off romantic impulses. The love transformed into lust as I got lost reading those mesmerising eyes staring down my soul instead of the damn book! She taunted me with a childish giggle all day through as I ran around the house after her discovering her in every corner of my life. As I drove to the grocery store, she was there besides me with her hand on top of mine that lay on the shiftgear. She jumped onto the cart and with her arms around my shoulder kept kissing me as I struggled to get stuff in my cart. She snatched the pen to sign my name on the credit card check out receipt and grabbed me from behind as we walked to the car again. She jumped on my back with her arms in my shoulder and legs around my waist as I carried the grocery bags stacked up in both hands!! A lot of help!!........
Could the day have been better without her? Could I be more happy than this? If the thoughts could broaden my lips into a grin, what would her real presence do to me? Thoughts of her fed my soul as she was putting food in my mouth with her hands adding the flavor to it that no chef in this world could figure out the recipe for. As the darkness dawned, back in bed with my head in her lap I wished this moment could bring the world to still and I wished, she; the girl of my dreams, the girl in my every thought whose name comes before each breath was here, WITH ME!
This entry was posted
on Sunday, September 24, 2006
at 8:14 PM
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.